What is Digital Marketing? The Ultimate Digital Marketing Course Guide for beginners
Welcome to the world of Digitalized consumption! It’s a true online world today, with people rapidly moving to the digital space. Movie tickets, groceries, fruits and vegetables, books, clothes, electronics, furniture – you name it and it is available for online purchase. Heading to stores to buy items spread on shelves, loading them in the cart, standing in the billing queue and carrying things home seems like a tedious job. Why spend so much time when it can all be done by the click of a button using your laptop or smartphone.
The growth of digital marketing
Let’s have a look at some interesting facts to give you an idea of how and where the world is heading as far as digitization is concerned.
- The Digital India Campaign started by PM Narendra Modi aims at encouraging each Indian to use digital platforms.
- Low cost of mobile phones is making it easy for people to go online. In fact, India has one of the largest population of internet users. By 2020 there will be more than 500 million Internet users across the country. 3G penetration has revolutionized the market scenario and created ample business opportunities for companies to reach out to customers online.
- It is estimated that by the year 2020, every company around the world will have an online presence. But in order to get high search engine rankings and increase customer base, these businesses will need digital marketers to guide them at every step.
- According to a report Digital Advertising in India, jointly published by IAMAI and IMRB, the value of ‘Online Advertising market in India is increasing at the rate of 30% year on year’.
- The e-commerce industry is growing at breakneck speed.
- More than 70% of marketers believe that traditional marketing models will not be sufficient to grow their business. They are developing marketing strategies by considering the digital media users in mind. As of the year 2016, 35% of companies already have a digital marketing strategy in place. They believe that this move will help them increase their revenues by 30%.
Hence, digitization has become a movement. It is no longer an option for businesses. If they wish to survive in this competitive era, they need to market themselves on digital platforms.
Suggested to read: Emergence of Digital Marketing in Coming Years
With the surveys stats & experts talk, business owners are willing to build an internal digital marketing team to promote their business services. So, the demand for skilled digital marketing professionals, freshers is rapidly increased. Lets us discuss on career opportunities for freshers in digital marketing.
“Do you want to become a certified digital marketing professional OR curious to know more about digital marketing course training? Then, book your free DEMO at 7660 966 660.”
Career opportunities in Digital marketing in Hyderabad, India
So when everyone is jumping into the bandwagon, are there enough players in the market who can help these businesses achieve their digital marketing objectives. Fortunately for you, no! Since it is a new arena, companies are finding it difficult to get trained professionals who are competent enough to formulate and execute a digital marketing strategy specific to their needs. So why not take advantage of this situation and earn a good pay package by developing the skillset in this field?
Here are some reasons why Digital Marketing is a rewarding and exciting career in today’s market.
- Digital marketing has been the buzzword in the Indian job market. This industry is expected to generate more than 20 lakh jobs by the year 2020. Hence the future of a career in this industry definitely looks promising.
- Global Giants including Facebook and Google are planning to open a big campus in Hyderabad, India. Digital India Initiatives launched by the government are encouraging many start-ups in Hyderabad to expand their operations.
- Be it big players or small start-ups, all companies are heavily investing in digital marketing activities. They are looking for people who can devise and implement digital marketing strategies that suit their needs. But there is a huge digital skill gap. Developing your skills in this area will give you a unique competitive advantage. There will be no dearth of jobs for such in-demand professionals.
- As per the basics of economics when the demand exceeds supply, the price increases. As the digital marketing skill set is not easily available in the market, people having experience in this field will definitely have an upper hand during salary negotiations. Companies are willing to pay a premium for experienced and certified professionals who know their job inside out.
- To become a digital marketing expert, one does not need an engineering degree or a technical background. Students from any stream can take an online digital marketing course to understand its nuances.
- There are several segments within this versatile field. One can choose any one as per the interest and learn it extensively to become an expert in one niche. Hyderabad has many good digital marketing training institutes that offer these new age courses in digital marketing. They also offer placement options if you show that you are really good at the job.
- You can find a job with a company looking to implement a digital marketing strategy, or you can work with a digital marketing agency who works for different clients. One may also become an entrepreneur or work as a freelancer by offering digital marketing services as an independent consultant. What’s more, this job can easily be done from the comfort of one’s home. All one needs is a laptop and internet connection.
- Rise in the pay package is fast and rapid in this industry. A fresh graduate can begin from 3-4 lakh per annum. One can move up the ladder quickly and earn around 7-10 lakhs with an experience of 5 years.
So now you understand that it isn’t just the old conventional career paths that are rewarding and highly paying. There are numerous benefits of venturing into this new age field of digital marketing.
Best read: Highest paying job roles in India
‘Wondering how to start the exciting journey of becoming a digital marketer, here is how you can do it.’
How to start a career in Digital Marketing?
There are not many educational institutions or universities in India that offer a degree in Digital Marketing. It is only taught as a subject in some business schools. But to meet the growing demand of Digital marketers, several institutes have cropped up, that offer training in this field. These Digital Marketing institutes aim to address the digital marketing skills gap by teaching students how to use digital marketing techniques, tools and help businesses achieve their marketing goals. If your resume shows that you undertook a formal training in digital marketing, it will become much easier for you to land a good job. It is proof that you are well versed with the concepts required to excel in this field. Do your research and choose an institute that has an updated curriculum and that teaches the various aspects of digital marketing using an organized approach.
Ace Web Academy is a premier digital marketing training institute in Hyderabad where qualified faculty members guide you and even help you in getting placed after course completion. They offer several courses in Search Engine Optimization (SEO), Search Engine Marketing (SEM), Par Per Click (PPC), Social Media Marketing (SMM), Email marketing, Web Analytics, and Google AdWords Certification. Real case studies, project works, internship programs expose students to the real-life challenges and help them gain experience in dealing with the projects. Working hands on and experimenting with various digital marketing strategies helps in building confidence in one’s skills and abilities. So enroll yourself today. Acquire the skills which the industry demands and stay ahead in the job market.
Book Here to Attend Free Digital Marketing Demo!
Alternatively, one can become a digital marketer by reading books and practicing it on one’s own. You can start a blog, and then apply SEO techniques to drive traffic to the site. Invest in ads to expand your audience base and use social media campaigns to promote your site. But a formal certification will definitely give you an edge and help you stand out in the crowd.
Additional knowledge: Recent FAQs about Digital Marketing Course & Career
Remember, this field is a progressive one. Just learning the theoretical concepts will not guarantee success. New developments and enhancements in technology come up every day. One needs to keep himself updated with all the latest trends, so as to discharge the duties of a digital marketer in the most effective way.
Digital Marketing Course & its module
Let’s have a look at the various modules that are covered in the course that most training institutes offer
- Search engine Optimization
- How to get top ranking for websites in the search engine results
- Keyword research, on page, off page optimization, Link building
Read more in SEO course Training content
- Search engine marketing
- Role of Pay per click in website listing
- Google Adwords, SEM campaigns
- How to run ads on search engines
Read more in PPC Course Training content
- Social Media Marketing
- How to generate leads, build a brand image and reach out to the target audience using social media strategies
- Paid campaigns on these platforms
- Measuring ROI
Read more in Social Media Marketing course Training content
- Mobile marketing
- Strategies that work on mobile devices
- Learn about SMS marketing, App based marketing, location-based marketing
- Email marketing
- Strategies and tactics in email marketing
- How to manage email campaigns
- How to communicate with the target audience in the most effective way
- How to create user lists, send emails and generate relevant clicks
- Content marketing
- How to create unique content that gains attention of the target audience
- How to use white papers, case studies and brochures for user engagement
- Web Analytics
- Process of measuring and monitoring website traffic
- Evaluating the effectiveness of campaigns
- Understanding data and making sound business decisions on the basis of the metrics collected
Read more in Digital Marketing course Training content
As mentioned earlier there are a number of segments within the digital marketing field. Most courses follow a structured approach wherein they delve into each of these aspects in detail. Each module starts with the fundamental concepts and then moves on to practical applications of devising and implementing a strategy. Assignments, project work, hands on exercises based on real life cases help in understanding the strategies in a better way and build mastery over the subject.
By the end of the course, you will feel empowered and confident in your abilities to devise a perfect online marketing strategy to help companies achieve their digital marketing goals.
Many training institutes like Ace Web Academy give you a formal certification once you complete the required training and clear the exam. A course certification is an ideal way of learning the intricacies of digital marketing strategies. If you are serious about pursuing a career in this field, enrol yourself in the certification courses. It will expand your domain knowledge, hone your skills and prepare you to take up specialist roles in this domain.
A certified professional will have a greater bargaining power during salary negotiations. Companies are ready to pay 1.5 times to a candidate with a formal certification. But remember a certification course will only help you in landing your first job. How high you move up the ladder and how faster you do it depends completely on how you prove yourself. Gain as much experience as possible, widen your knowledge base every day, keep up with the latest trends and do your job with passion.
“Read about benefits of Google Certified Digital Marketing Course training”
Top Digital Marketing Job Roles
Let’s understand the different job roles that one can take up in the digital marketing field:
Salary in Rupees
|SEO Manager||3 lakhs to 7 lakhs|
|SEM/PPC expert||3 lakhs to 5 lakhs|
|Social Media Manager||3.5 lakhs to 7 lakhs|
|Web developer/designer||3 lakhs to 6 lakhs|
2.5 lakhs to 5 lakhs
Search Engine Optimizer
A website is of no use, if your customers cannot reach you when they are looking for products and services that you provide. Since 99.99% people use Google search, a high ranking in this search engine result will ensure that your customers will be able to find you. An SEO executive’s job is to develop strategies to ensure a high ranking in the search results. He is responsible for generating traffic to the website. For this he utilizes various techniques like Keyword research, on-page optimization, off-page optimization Link building etc. There is a huge demand for an SEO professional who has strong analytical, technical and marketing skills.
Search Engine Marketing or Pay per click advertising expert
A search engine marketing expert plans, optimizes and implements natural and paid search engine marketing strategies on popular search engines to generate traffic and leads based on PPC methodology. It includes managing PPC keywords, split ad groups, refining landing pages, generating reports and contributing in creating text and video advertising that will ultimately help in generating leads for the business. Expert PPC professionals with experience in AdWords, bid management, campaign management, conversion tracking are in great demand.
Social Media Manager
A social media manager’s job is a lot more than just tweeting and updating Facebook Status. This role requires one to manage branding and communication. It involves understanding the latest social media trends and developing effective marketing strategies for popular social media networks like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, LinkedIn etc. The social media manager works in coordination with the content team to create quality content and videos to be posted on the social media platforms. If you are a creative person, this role will definitely be of your interest.
If writing is your passion, then there is no better role than that of a content marketer suitable for your profile. As a content marketer one needs to oversee all the content initiatives like website content, blogs, articles, brochures, ebooks, white papers and case studies. One will be responsible for creating striking content that engages the user and helps in promoting the website. A good grasp over English language, creativity and interest in following latest content trends is what it needs to be a successful content marketer.
Mobile App Marketing
Since a large chunk of users accesses internet over mobile phones, developing effective mobile strategies is a must for digital marketing. A mobile manager helps in improving brand awareness and generating leads by developing effective mobile marketing strategies. Knowledge of AdWords and various mobile platforms will help in playing this role better.
If you are good at data mining and research, Web Analytics role might interest you. As a Web Analyst one needs to analyze the key metrics, user’s behaviour and performance of the website to devise new strategies for better results. This role requires a person to be good at Google Analytics, Webmaster tools, research tools and Facebook Insights.
This role involves the creation of email campaigns, newsletters etc. to promote the product or service.
There are tremendous career opportunities in each of these roles. Developing core skills in any of these (or a few of these) areas will significantly help in your career growth. The average salary in each of these roles depends on your level of experience and the type of organization you are working for. But to give a rough estimate the average salary for some of these roles is mentioned below.
After 5-7 years of extensive experience in the field of Digital Marketing, one can aspire to become a Digital Marketing Director. This person is responsible for analyzing the client business and formulating a digital marketing strategy that will help drive traffic to the company’s website. He decides what combination of the various digital marketing aspects will be the most suitable according to the client’s requirement. He will oversee the various campaigns launched and be accountable for the entire process. Knowledge of SEO, PPC, Social Media, and Web Analytics is definitely required to do justice to this role. The person should also have some business sense and good communication skills to carry out this task successfully.
As people are spending more and more time online, businesses too are turning their focus to online marketing. After all they need to market themselves where their prospective customer is. To develop effective marketing strategies across various online channels they need professionals in the field of digital marketing. Right now, since there is a wide digital skills set the gap, with demand exceeding supply; this is the right time to gain an entry in this field. It is a good opportunity for people to acquire the relevant skill set and get lucrative job opportunities. The ideal way is to enrol oneself in a certification course offered by several training institutes. With a formal training, one can confidently handle complex digital marketing campaigns and help businesses achieve their goals.
Still thinking to learn digital marketing course? Don’t wait you may miss big opportunities!
We allow your comments, queries to give answers from our industry experts!