HTML5, the latest HTML standard, is being used widely to design web pages that are rich in content. The array of new graphics and multimedia elements that it supports and the rich semantics, it uses eliminates the need for any additional plugins to display web content. Let us take a look at 10 of its most important features which has contributed in making the technology a favourite with designers.
1. Cleaner and more Improved Code. HTML 5 is very focused on what it needs to achieve and have included a set of semantics and attributes which helps to further its objectives. This has resulted in a set of cleaner and more improved code which has eliminated the redundant tags and elements of earlier versions.
2. Better Semantics. A cleaner markup and standardized codes therefore indicate an improved set of semantics. This ensures that Web Pages today are enhanced with better semantic value. HTML 5 includes a set of new semantic elements like < header >,
< footer >, < article > and < section > which makes it easy to understand the various sections of the web page. Moreover, as the tags are indicative of the functionality they help to execute, it helps to simplify things..
3. Enhanced Uniformity. Cleaner markups, improved semantics and simplified tags help to bring about a sense of consistency to web pages built using HTML 5. Designers are also able to understand the page structure more easily by reading the codes.
4. Mutuality. The website content is getting richer each day. Designers are stretching the limits of their creativity in order to embed unique content in their design. Consequently, animations, video streaming, music, and social networking applications are being integrated in Websites in order to make them more interactive. The advent of HTML 5, with its built-in features and attributes helps to add to the fun.
5. Well-Designed Forms. Web Pages have always stressed on the importance of well-designed and functional forms to transport input data to the server. HTML 5 also provides several effective form elements, namely,
6. Ensures Better Accessibility. The simplicity and easy comprehension of HTML 5 tags, ensures that multiple technologies can be used to embed websites with additional features and functionality. This has helped websites reach out to a wider audience owing to their ability to be displayed on multiple-platforms.
7. Better Offline Browsing. HTML 5 provides excellent facilities for offline browsing. Designers building pages with HTML 5 can now specify the files or pages which need to be cached. This ensures that while trying to reload the pages, with no Internet connection, the pages are displayed in minimum time.
8. Build Customized Web Applications. HTML 5 is geared to leverage the features made available by most browsers to develop web applications that are user friendly and interactive. Organizations today need web pages with interactive content and HTML 5 is sufficiently equipped to deliver the customizations that are required.
9. Inbuilt Geo-location support. HTML 5 comprises several geo-location APIs. These are equipped to make one’s location information readily available to any web application running on HTML 5 compatible browsers.
10. Client-side Database. HTML 5 provides two storage objects, namely Local Storage, Session Storage that helps to act as a temporary database for applications. This reduces the cookie size and helps to speed up response time.
by Mr. Shiva Kumar,CEO
I am Shiva Kumar an enthusiastic professional. Expertise in Web Designing, Web Development, and digital marketing & research. Writing, educating people is my hobby.